Orange Cornish Hens
- cal. (kcal) 683
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Roast: 1 hr at 375°F
- Cook: 6 mins
coarse Dijon mustard
Cornish hens (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
(14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For glaze, whisk together marmalade, juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove necks and livers from the cavities of the hens; reserve necks. Cut hens in half lengthwise. Cut out backs. Spread out the backs and necks in large roasting pan.
- Reserve 1/4 cup glaze for gravy. Brush some of remaining glaze over hens. Place hen halves, cut side down, on top of chicken parts in pan.
- Roast in 375 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 170 degrees F when inserted in thigh without touching bone. During roasting, brush top of hens with glaze every 15 minutes. Remove hens from pan to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Carefully pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from roasting pan, leaving necks and backs in pan. Push hen parts to one side of pan; sprinkle flour over pan juices. Place pan over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth. Simmer 5 minutes to thicken. Discard backs and necks. Stir in reserved 1/4 cup glaze. Strain into sauceboat. Serve hens with the gravy.
Nutrition Information for Orange Cornish HensServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 683 cal., 41 g total fat (11 g sat. fat), 283 mg chol., 1158 mg sodium, 29 g carb. 49 g pro.