- cal. (kcal) 170
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 7 mins
- Stand: 5 minutes, then at least 2 hours
envelopes (.25 oz each) unflavored gelatin
light corn syrup
- Sift confectioners' sugar and cornstarch into a small bowl. Line a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil. Coat with nonstick cooking spray. Sift 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar mixture into pan, tilting to coat sides. Leave any excess in pan.
- Place 2/3 cup water in a large bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine granulated sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook over medium until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Strain into bowl with gelatin.
- Beat on high speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 12 minutes. Spread into prepared pan and smooth top. Dust with 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar mixture. Let stand 1 to 2 hours, until set.
- Lift marshmallow from pan with foil. With a wet knife, cut into 4 squares. Cut each square into 9 pieces. Spread remaining confectioners' sugar mixture onto sheet pan. Toss marshmallows in sugar mixture and let stand 1 hour. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition Information for Homemade MarshmallowsServings Per Recipe: 36
PER SERVING: 170 cal., 13 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (10 g sugars), 2 g pro.