Italian Pork Roast
- cal. (kcal) 242
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5-1/2 hours
- Cook: 1 min
boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed and tied
(14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, drained
low-sodium chicken broth
large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Rub pork with 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and place in slow cooker bowl.
- Scatter tomatoes around pork. Pour 1/3 cup of the broth in bowl; top with 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 5-1/2 hours on LOW.
- Add green pepper to slow cooker for last 45 minutes of cook time.
- Blend remaining 2 tablespoons broth, the cornstarch and balsamic vinegar. Set aside. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain liquid from slow cooker into a small saucepan and place vegetables around pork on serving platter.
- Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in cornstarch mixture, remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over pork.
Nutrition Information for Italian Pork RoastServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 242 cal., 7 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 107 mg chol., 460 mg sodium, 5 g carb. (1 g fiber), 37 g pro.