Roast Pork & Pan-roasted Potatoes
- cal. (kcal) 521
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Roast: 1 hr 20 mins at 400°F
Pork and Potatoes:
boneless pork roast, about 4-1/2 pounds
plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
plus 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
red-skin potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub pork roast with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Arrange 3 sprigs of the rosemary on top. Place in roasting pan and roast for 1 hour, 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from oven, tent with foil and allow to rest at least 10 minutes before slicing. Temperature should reach 160 degrees F. Save drippings in pan for gravy.
- On a large baking sheet, toss potatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place remaining rosemary over potatoes.
- After meat has been roasting for about 35 minutes, add potatoes to oven. Roast about 45 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- Whisk together broth and flour. Stir into roasting pan and scrape up browned bits. Add wine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened. Strain and keep warm.
- To serve, slice roast and serve with gravy, potatoes and steamed spinach, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Roast Pork & Pan-roasted PotatoesServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 521 cal., 19 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 118 mg chol., 672 mg sodium, 31 g carb. (3 g fiber), 49 g pro.