Roasted Kale and Butternut Squash
- cal. (kcal) 417
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 40 mins at 450°F
butternut squash cubes
freshly ground black pepper
packed cups chopped kale
chopped fresh oregano
can (15 oz) butter beans, drained and rinsed
pkg (8.8 oz) heat-and-eat white rice
feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
bottled balsamic glaze
- Heat oven to 450 degrees . Toss squash on a sheet pan with 2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Spread in a single layer and roast 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in an extra-large bowl, toss kale with 2 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and the oregano. Stir in butter beans.
- Stir squash and push to one side of pan. Add kale-bean mixture to other side, mounding slightly. Roast 15 minutes.
- Microwave rice per package directions. Transfer kale, beans and squash to a large bowl; gently stir in rice and crumbled feta. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and toss. Serve warm.
- This recipe calls for a sheet pan that should measure around 18 x 13 inches with a 1-inch-high edge. We like the heavy nonstick pans made by OXO and USA Pan (about $25).
Nutrition Information for Roasted Kale and Butternut SquashServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 417 cal., 19 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 782 mg sodium, 56 g carb. (12 g fiber, 9 g sugars), 11 g pro.