Sea Scallops with Broccoli Rice
- cal. (kcal) 501
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 31 mins
finely chopped onion
cloves garlic, minced
plus 1/8 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
small broccoli florets
large sea scallops (about 16)
chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large, lidded pot, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium. Add onion and cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add rice and cook 1 minute, stirring to coat with butter.
- Add 3 cups water, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cover and simmer over medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and add broccoli florets. Partially cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large stainless skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium-high. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes, flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir Parmesan into rice mixture. Divide among 4 shallow bowls and top each with 4 scallops. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- If fresh scallops are unavailable, look for bags of individually frozen ones; just thaw completely. Before seasoning scallops, locate and remove the small, tough muscle that might still be attached to one side.
Nutrition Information for Sea Scallops with Broccoli RiceServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 501 cal., 16 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 817 mg sodium, 46 g carb. (3 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 46 g pro.