Sausage, Apple & Leek Stuffing
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 2 of 6 Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove casings from sausage and crumble into skillet. Cook 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove sausage to a large bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 3 of 6 Add butter to skillet. Add leeks, celery, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- 4 of 6 Stir in Granny Smith apples, dried thyme; and the rest of the salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5 of 6 Add to sausage. Stir in bread, chicken broth, half-and-half and parsley.
- 6 of 6 Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 8 g sat. fat, 48 mg chol., 20 g Fat, total, 48 g carb., 13 g pro., 423 kcal cal., 3 g fiber, 1081 mg sodium