Heritage Turkey with Cran-Orange Glaze
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 2 hrs 45 mins to 3 hrs at °F
each salt and pepper
jellied cranberry sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep turkey (see Note). Season all over and inside cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff with quartered onion and orange, 4 sprigs each fresh sage and thyme.
- Roast on a rack in a roasting pan at 350 degrees for 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- Melt jellied cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, honey, lemon juice and fresh thyme in a pan. Brush on turkey during last hour of cooking.
- Heritage turkeys are purebred, pasture-raised and free-range (which makes them more flavorful).