Still image from Carmen Rodriguez video
Applying false eyelashes is simple—here are our six tried-and-true steps to perfecting them every time. Plus, check out the video below for a clear look, step-by-step.
- Curl your natural lashes.
- Apply mascara. We used L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara in Black (, $9).
- Measure and trim false lashes. We used Ardell Natural Lashes in 110 Black (, $5) and for the more dramatic look, the Battington Lashes in Hepburn (, $26).
- Apply adhesive to strip and let dry. We used Duo Eyelash Adhesive (, $4).
- Apply lashes.
- Add eyeliner. We used Milani Stay Put Matte 17HR Wear Liquid Liner (, $8). Try a cat eye look with our easy instructions.