Flowing red hair
- She married her longtime beau in 2017.
- Her list of credits is deep. Recently she's played, among other things, a warrior, a jealous murdering incestuous sister, an astronaut, and co-starred with another nominated actress several years ago.
- Fun fact: She had a role in a 2004 episode of 'Veronica Mars.'
- She’s an animal lover.
You may remember her from the movie Happy Go Lucky
- And she won a Golden Globe in 2009 for her role in 'Happy Go Lucky.'
- She costarred to rave with reviews with Cate Blanchett in 2013’s ‘Blue Jasmine’
- She was in the Paddington movie and this year’s sequel.
- She starred in the 2012 take on ‘Great Expectations.’
One of the greats
- She’s an interviewer’s dream: She says what she means.
- In one of her most famous roles, she played a heavily pregnant police officer investigating a murder.
- She’s nominated for a true sleeper hit.
- Unlike most of Hollywood, she views wrinkles and aging in general in a positive light.
- Her husband is one of the industry’s top directors and writers.
- Her daughter is an actress, too, and she’s pretty good!
- She can play basically any role—everything from a socialite/aspiring opera singer to a celebrity chef.
- She’s one of the most nominated actresses of our time.
An underrated actress
- She got her breakout role in the TV series 'Dawson's Creek' before she became a movie star.
- She's nominated for role based on a true story.
- Did you know? She portrayed Marilyn Monroe in a 2011 film.
- Her former partner, also an actor, died suddenly nearly 10 years ago after an overdose.
- Some say she was the best part of last year’s hit, ‘Manchester by the Sea,’ though her role was minor.
- She, too, is a living legend.
- She’s a former runway model.
- In homage to a rock god who died in 2016 she sported a fake tattoo of his iconic logo.
- Her character in a 2016 movie inspired Halloween costumes that year and 2017.
- She “packed on” some pounds for the role for which she’s nominated.
- Though the Australian actress been in the movie business for a while, her breakout role came in 2013 when she costarred with Leonardo DiCaprio.
- At age 23 she’s already been nominated twice for an Academy Award.
- She starred opposite James McAvoy in her breakout role.
- Fun fact: She was born in The Bronx, New York, but was raised in Ireland when her family moved back there when she was three.
America’s new sweetheart?
- "Adorable," "funny," and "genuine" are often used to describe her.
- She's nominated for her portrayal of a tennis icon.
- She can pull off blonde, brunette, and red hair effortlessly. Seriously, it’s unreal how good she looks with pretty much any hair color.
- She won her first Academy Award and Golden Globe last year.
Acting is her side job
- She has won nine Grammy awards and been nominated for 31 others throughout her decades-long career.
- She made it very clear she wants no more drama, in a hit song from a few years ago.
- She’s been called the ‘queen of R&B.’
- You probably know her best from a wildly successful TV White House drama from the early 2000s.
- She’s currently starring in another TV series, this one a comedy, but she’s also played stellar roles in several top movies over the years.
- Fun fact: She’s six feet tall.
You’ve probably seen her mostly on TV
- But she also has a lot of movie credits, and is playing the mother of another nominee in the same movie.
- She’s voiced the same character in all three 'Toy Story' films—and she’s set to voice the fourth installment.
- Her hilarious breakout TV role—a lonely, often awkward, and funny sister of the show's star—spanned nearly a decade and is currently in the works for a relaunch.
Her star has skyrocketed since her hilarious breakthrough role in 2011
- But she had been acting for several years in both TV and film prior to that.
- She played God in a 2017 movie.
- She and her fellow costars killed it as NASA engineers in a recent hit movie.
She stars in a wildly popular TV series based on books
- Her character is a total bad ass.
- She’s rumored to be dating her costar.
- She hails from Ireland.
Yes, we have another queen
- She plays a queen on a wildly popular series.
- She starred with Benedict Cumberbatch in a 2011 film.
- She’s British.
She’s an extremely versatile actress
- She’s nominated for her role as a prostitute on a TV series, but she’s also played a wealthy Middle East peace broker and a secretary in a BDS&M relationship with her boss.
- Her husband is also a popular actor, and they have two children.
- Her brother is wildly popular actor, too.
A leading TV actress
- She had been acting for years before landing her breakthrough role in a wildly popular TV series that aired for eight years.
- She’s nominated for her role in a dystopian future TV series.
- Fun fact: She was married to a comedian for two years.
- Did you know? She doesn’t often discuss it, but she was raised as and remains a practicing scientologist.
She does it all
- She’s a writer, director, producer, author, and actress.
- She landed a hit show with HBO after launching a wildly successful web series.
- She released a book in 2015 that became a New York Times Best Seller.
She’s a restaurateur, too
- She’s nominated for her role as a mom with violent tendencies in a TV series with costar Bill Pullman.
- She starred in a popular TV series for a decade.
- She recently opened a restaurant in Los Angeles.
- Her husband is an insanely popular singer and actor.
She’s been acting for nearly 35 years, but she’s only 50
- She’s one of the most famous and successful movie stars in the world.
- She’s won an Academy Award, multiple Golden Globes, and even an Emmy.
- She was previously married to one of the most successful male actors and is now married to a country music star.
She was a ‘country queen’ once
- She’s won two Academy Awards and multiple Golden Globes.
- She starred in a 1991 suspense thriller directed by Martin Scorsese and costarred Robert De Niro.
- She costarred with Dustin Hoffman in a 1982 classic movie.
- She was a model until she was cast in the lead female role of the 1976 movie, King Kong.
- She and the next nominated actress in this list star in the same series.
You might call her a political activist and actress
- She’s also won an Academy Award for her role in ‘Dead Man Walking.’
- She was half of a bestfriend duo in a classic 1991 movie.
- She’s nominated for her role in a limited TV series portraying a legendary actress.
- Fun fact: Though they never married, she was in a 20+-year relationship with another actor. They had two children.
She’s helping to bring women to the forefront
- She’s one of America’s most successful actresses.
- Her newish production company has delivered multiple big hits, including ‘Gone Girl,’ ‘Wild,’ and the TV series in which she also co-stars.
- She also has a clothing line and three children—the youngest with her current husband, and the two oldest with her actor ex husband.
She has several connections to the previous nominee
- She stars in the TV series alongside her.
- She also costarred in ‘Wild.’
- She was a hero in the most ‘Star Wars’ movie.
- Fun Fact: She’s 5’10”.
- She starred with Daniel Day-Lewis in a classic period movie.
- She played Cat Woman opposite Michael Keaton’s Bat Man.
- She was the beautiful leading lady opposite Al Pacino in a classic 1983 film.
- She’s been married to a famous writer/director/producer since 1993,
She started as a child model and actor
- Though she had been acting for years before it, her breakthrough role came in a 2011 movie with George Clooney.
- She went on to star in a popular TV series ‘The Secret Life of the American Teenager’ for five years.
- She’s one of several actresses nominated for the same TV series. It’s got a great cast!