Because gold glitter and bunnies are what we all need after a long winter!
- Hard-boil eggs, dye to various pink tones and let dry fully.
- Our eggs were dyed in a bath of hot water (8 ounces) mixed with 1 capful liquid Petal Pink Rit Dye, ¾ capful liquid Lemon Yellow Rit Dye and 1 capful white vinegar. The intensity of the pink depends on how long you leave eggs in dye bath. After removing them, immediately pat eggs dry with a paper towel.
- Crumple a strip of aluminum foil to make a small ring that will hold an egg upright. Place egg, top down, into foil ring.
- Slightly dampen a sponge, dip it into Mod Podge or glue, then lightly apply it to bottom half of egg (the part that’s facing up). Sprinkle glitter over that area.
- Set eggs aside to dry, then shake off excess glitter.
Note: Eggs are not food-safe if dyed as instructed.
To mimic this glamorous and shimmery look, choose a coarse glitter made of large flakes rather than super-fine sparkles.
- Fill a long metal tray with packing peanuts and drape preserved or fresh moss over it.
- Arrange flowers, candles and eggs (some glittered, others solid) on the bed of moss.
Bunny Place Cards
- Download bunny template at familycircle.com/hoppyspring and cut out.
- Place template face down on the back of patterned card stock and trace around it with a pencil. Repeat as needed.
- Cut out bunny silhouettes along traced lines.
- Make tails using a pom-pom maker, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Trim excess yarn and glue pom-pom tails to bunny silhouette cards using quick-setting gel glue.
Glittered Eggs: Rit Liquid Dye in Petal Pink and Lemon Yellow, , $4.50 each. Creatology Glitter in Gold, , $5.50.
Centerpiece: Habit + Form Rectangle Tray in Gold, , $14 to $48.
Place Cards: The following are all available at . Craft Smith Blush Glam Paper Pad, $20. Clover Pom-Pom Maker, $7.50. Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue, $8.
For instructions on how to make the beautiful speckled eggs featured on our April cover, click here.