- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with greased parchment paper.
- 2 of 5 Finely chop walnut pieces and almonds in food processor.
- 3 of 5 Beat egg and sugar in bowl until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, rind and juice. Stir in chopped nuts.
- 4 of 5 Drop level measuring teaspoons of batter onto prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Place a walnut half on top of each kiss.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until semisoft.
Meanwhile, prepare Rum Glaze:
- 1 of 2 Stir the rum into sugar in small cup until smooth and creamy; if too thick, add water, drop by drop, for proper glazing consistency.
- 2 of 2 Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheet. Brush with glaze. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool. Makes 5 dozen kisses.
Servings Per Recipe: 60