Quick And Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 of 5 Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and saute 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
- 2 of 5 Stir in curry powder and crushed red-pepper flakes. Add Granny Smith apples and continue cooking for 10 minutes longer.
- 3 of 5 Add solid-pack pumpkin, chicken broth and 1/2 cup water; stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4 of 5 Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth, working in batches.
- 5 of 5 Return to saucepan. Bring to boiling. Lower heat as soon as the soup reaches boiling. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors. Just before serving, stir in half-and-half or heavy cream. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 145 kcal cal., 8 g pro., 14 g carb., 7 g Fat, total, 18 mg chol., 835 mg sodium