Soy-Braised Short Ribs
- 1 of 6 Pat ribs dry and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- 2 of 6 Add pear, garlic, ginger and 4 scallions to food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Whisk soy sauce, sesame oil and vinegar into pear mixture.
- 3 of 6 Add ribs and toss to coat. Divide between 2 resealable gallon-sized bags. Massage each bag vigorously for 5 minutes, or marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 4 of 6 Empty contents of both bags into multicooker. Add broth, seal and cook 30 minutes on Manual. Let cool 10 minutes via natural release, then release manually.
- 5 of 6 Transfer ribs to a platter. Pour cooking liquid into a de-fatter and return skimmed liquid to pot. Combine cornstarch with 1 tbsp cool water. Stir into pot, set to Saute and cook, whisking, for 8 to 10 minutes, until thickened.
- 6 of 6 Spoon some sauce over ribs; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Thinly slice remaining scallions and sprinkle on top. Serve with rice, kimchi, gochujang and remaining sauce on the side.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 40 g pro., 8 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 19 g carb., 1321 mg sodium, 10 g sat. fat, 29 g Fat, total, 497 kcal cal.